Photostock Israel/Getty Images
- Total: 31 mins
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 11 mins
- Marinating Time: 7 hrs
- Yield: serves: 4-5
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
See Full Nutritional Guidelines
(Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.)
This is a quick and easy way to put together some great beef kebabs. It is also an inexpensive, but tasty meal. The pineapple grills up with the beef giving you a fruity and flavourful dish. Serve with rice or grilled potatoes.
- 1 pound round or chuck steak (cut into 1″ cubes)
- 1 15-ounce can pineapple chunks
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Steps to Make It
- Gather the ingredients.
- Drain juice from pineapple into a saucepan. Add soy sauce, pineapple juice, brown sugar, garlic, sesame oil, black pepper, and ginger. Place on a low heat and simmer, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Allow to cool completely. Place beef and pineapple pieces in a resealable bag. Pour 1/2 of the marinade into bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 2-6 hours.
- Place the other half of the cooked marinade/sauce in an airtight container and also place into refrigerator. You may need to rewarm sauce right before serving.
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat. Thread meat and pineapple pieces alternately onto skewers. Make sure not to overcrowd. Grill for about 9-11 minutes, turning occasionally until kebabs are fully cooked. Serve with warmed teriyaki sauce on the side or drizzled over top.
By Derrick Riches